20 things I do when I’m stressed.
- I cook. In fact I cook enough for a tree logging community as my old roommate would tell me. (You should come over)
- I distance myself from everyone and need time to lick my wounds.
- I play music in my apartment and dance around.
- I’ll have a glass of wine…or two.
- I take another shower. It helps me reset and feel clean and more focused.
- I’ll take my tummy soother recipe found in my Stress Detox recipe & informational guide for when my digestive system goes all off.
- I’ll force myself and go to restorative yoga class and let my breath be my soundtrack.
- I call my mom.
- I stimulate acupressure points that I’ll be including in my Stress Detox booklet.
- I watch inspirational videos on TED.com
- I have sex.
- I take nap.
- I might cry.
- I might stay on Facebook longer than I should and look at people’s photos I haven’t spoken to in at least a decade.
- Go for a walk.
- I’ll hug my dog and my boyfriend.
- I create the list that Stephan Gardner, my Emotional Specialist and expert in the Stress Detox suggest to make. Within an hour of making it, I instantly begin to feel better and no longer overwhelmed.
- I write it out even if no one will ever read it.
- I search for ways to be grateful for the situation I’m in and find ways of how to give love to others.
- I eat some of my healthy chocolate creations I’m including in the Stress Detox recipe & informational guide.
Do you have enough outlets and the right tools to get you through even the hardest times? My Stress Detox closes its doors on Sunday March 24 and is a pay-what-you-can initiative. Now there are no more excuses NOT to be happy. Sign up and don’t miss out.
In the meantime, I bet you have your own list on what you do when you’re stressed. In fact when you list it, you’ll be able to see how well you’re able to get over it and move on. Do you have enough coping mechanisms built?
What’s on YOUR list?